The Demand for Furnished ApartmentsIn the ever-changing world of work, often involving flexible locations, it is becoming more and more important that we can easily find a fully-equipped living space, ready to move into and easy to call home. Furnished living concepts are a response to this growing trend. Providers of this concept say that in 2016, every 5th space was occupied by a ‘commuter’ – someone who might only live in Berlin during the working week. In addition, fixed term contract jobs have significantly increased with this defined time span a matching comfortable living space in a given location is needed. Who wants to go find an apartment, furnish it, only to dismantle everything after 6 or 12 months? Providers of such accommodation are flexible regarding the rental period from 1 month to a year or more, and some contracts can be open ended. There is a growing preference for a furnished apartment solution over serviced apartments or hotels.
Request more detailed information here.
The Ideal Location for Furnished Apartments
- Close proximity to professional clusters with sufficient demand
- Well connected by public transport;
- Shops, restaurants at least for daily needs.
The Best Planning ConceptTo achieve the best cost/benefit ratio for the users as well as for the owner these planning parameters should be adhered to:
- Compact, affordable living space with a choice of apartment size of 1.5 to 2 rooms
- Apartment sizes from 30m² to 60m²
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Modern “clean” furniture and decorations
- Smart TV, Wifi and smart metering.
Recommended Operational Concept
- Furniture concept, delivery, and installation
- Service for rental, management during the occupation and most important handover from the tenant
- Maintenance and replacement of furniture and equipment.
Example for a Suitable Location for Furnished Apartments
In addition, the area has attracted 146 companies in the media sector, employing another 1,763 people.
For detailed project information and price list of such a project you can sign up here: